Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spelling Mistakes

     The valiant lessons in primary today were on gratitude.  The lesson manual suggested for the children to write a thank you note to someone.  Grandma Poetschlag is Natalee's teacher and she gave them all a paper and an envelope.  Natalee wrote her thank you note to Daren and I.  This is what she wrote:

Dear Mommy and Daddy,
     I am greatful that you two are my parents.  I love you veary much.  You two are the Best.  I Love you more than you Love me.
     More than how big outer space.

         Love,
            Natalee

     I asked Natalee about the word "veary."  I asked her if that was 'very.'  She said yes so I asked her, "You know 'very' doesn't have an 'a' in it, right?"  "I know," she said.  "But grown-ups think spelling mistakes are cute."
     Natalee has been reading my blog.  I guess I've mentioned here and there that I transcribe their work exactly as they wrote it, spelling errors and all.  I think it's cute that she tried to spice up her letter to us.

2 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

How funny!!! I can't believe she picked that up!

karen said...

So sweet Natalie!!