Friday, May 18, 2012

*Dale Calvin Hardy Funeral-Part Two

Dale Calvin Hardy
September 28, 1939-July 22, 2011 


     Grandpa's funeral was held July 28, 2011.  The chapel was full!  Grandma gave the eulogy.  It may be unusual but she said she wanted to make sure it was done the way she wrote it and she knew she couldn't be sure unless she delivered it herself.  She did a great job and it was a wonderful eulogy.  In fact, I'm going to ask her to send me a copy so I can include it.  Like I said, because we knew Grandpa's time was short, a lot of funeral preparations were already made.  For the program, Grandma had collected letters that the kids had written to their dad when they were young.  They were very sweet.  A couple of the kids had more than one letter and I actually can't remember anymore which ones were part of the program.  But they're all sweet so I'll just go ahead and include them all.


Written by Daren






Here are some pictures from the funeral:












Everyone of Grandpa's living siblings was there.
Back row (L-R): Louise Fitches, Darlene Hales, Dave Hardy, Lyle Hardy
Front Row (L-R): Caroline Escujuri, Helen McKague, Lorraine Watts

Siblings and their spouses, Uncle Boyd, and Grandma
Back Row (L-R): Dean & Louise, Archie & Carolyn, Darlene, David & Linda, Lyle & Linda
Front Row (L-R): Grandpa's Uncle Boyd Hogan, Carl & Helen, Lorraine (couldn't find Verdun), and Grandma Bobbi

A bunch of second cousins hanging out after the luncheon.
Back row (L-R): Mackenzie, Haylee, Caleb Fleming, Grant Fleming
Front row (L-R): Kelsey, Audry Herbstritt, Diana Fleming, Tori Cluff, Bently Herbstritt, ??, Lizzy Cluff

No comments: