This picture was actually taken October 15, 2011 but it made me think of my two little kiddos and the special relationship they have with each other. They are the only two that stay home with me all day. The older three girls are all off to school most mornings. They are such good little friends and I love watching them play together. Nathan sometimes gets into Kelsey's games and frustrates her. He might knock down a castle she is building or grab a doll she is playing with. Those times she yells, "Nathan!" But overall, she is so caring of her only little sibling.
A few days ago I made them some chicken nuggets for lunch. I ended up making an odd amount so I gave them equal portions and left one on the plate. Kelsey gobbled hers up much faster than Nathan so she went to see if there were any left. She brought the last chicken nugget to me and asked if she could have it. I looked at Nate's plate and saw that he still had some left so I told her she could eat it. Even though she was given permission to have it, she still broke it into two pieces and gave one to Nathan.
Whenever Kelsey is getting a drink, especially if the drink is a water bottle and they are in the car, Nathan suddenly wants a drink too. He immediately starts to ask her for it and without fail, she hands the drink to him because he's thirsty. Sometimes she can't get it back from him as fast as she wants. :) But she is always watching out for him and trying to help him with whatever he is wanting or needing.
Kelsey often says to me, "Mom, Nathan is SO cute! Can we keep him?"
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment