Friday, May 18, 2012

*Moffitt Family Reunion 2011

     Every summer on the second Saturday of July we have a Moffitt Family reunion for Grandma Moffitt and all of her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.  We weren't able to make the reunion in 2010.  Nate was due around July 20 and we knew we should probably expect him at least a week or two early and the reunion was in Utah that year.  He ended up coming June 27 but I just didn't feel up to traveling to Utah that soon after having a baby. :)
     This year the reunion was at a park in Southern California.  It was fun to show off our cute little one year old and first male child, and visit with our family again.  Natalee and Haylee really hit it off with my cousin Janee's daughter, Emily.  Grandma Moffitt always brings suckers from See's Candy and lots of fun toys and games for the kids to play.  There was a playground at the park to entertain the kids as well.
     Of my dad's kids, my brother Mike and his family, our family, and Matt and Ami were the ones who were able to make it.  Uncle Dave and Aunt Sherrie were there but none of their kids were able to attend.  Uncle Kurt and Aunt Tracey were also there too without any of their kids.  Uncle Bob and Aunt Cindy were there with kids Janee (and her husband Jeff) and Jason (and his wife Krista).  Janee's kids are Norman and Emily.  Jason doesn't have any kids but they have two beautiful huskies that they brought.  I don't remember the huskies' names (Natalee might) but the kids LOVED them!
     At some point a man came by selling ice cream.  Uncle Dave bought one for every one of the great grandkids!  They were thrilled, of course!
     Somehow, I managed to not get a picture of the entire family.  I believe we asked a stranger to come take a group picture and I'm sure that so many people handed them their camera that I decided not to burden them with mine as well.  I won't make that mistake again!

Mackenzie enjoying her See's sucker.


Kelsey!

Mackenzie and Nate

The Max Moffitt family (that were there)


Aunt Ami helping Nathan with his ice cream.

Kelsey Rose!

Mackenzie Rae!

Haylee with Janee's daughter Emily.

A bunch of the great-grandkids eating their ice cream together.
L-R: Mackenzie, Audrey, Natalee, Joshua, Jacob, Allyson, Kelsey, Haylee, Emily

We decided to add Nathan to the picture.

Then we convinced Norman to get in even though he's older than the other kids. :)

Audrey!

Kelsey having fun with her cousin Audrey on the slide.






Kelsey adores her cousin Jacob

Nate finally tuckered out and fell asleep.

No comments: