I'm going to start at the beginning. I found out the very end of March that we were going to have a little surprise blessing sometime in November. Now, Daren and I never announce such blessings until I have been to the doctor and we are sure that everything is going to be okay. But Daren had a very "funny" thought. Since April Fool's Day was so close, he thought it would be funny to announce our news to our families on that day. I had doubts. However, when I walked into the bedroom and heard Daren on the phone telling his mother and realized that she didn't believe him one bit, I admit that I found it amusing. So I decided to text my sister and tell her the news. It went like this:
Me: Guess what?
Amy: What?
Me: I'm pregnant.
Amy: Hahaha! Happy April Fool's Day. I knew you were going to say that.
Me (chuckling to myself): Happy April Fool's Day!
Well, I was so amused and had so much fun with that little experiment that I thought how much more fun it would be to post it on facebook and have none of my friends believe me. Then, when the time was right, I could post an ultrasound picture and tease about people not believing me. Unfortunately, things did not go exactly as planned. In fact, it pretty much backfired completely. EVERYONE was congratulating me. I had a few non-believers, mostly family members. But even when I logged into facebook under Daren's name and posted: "I hate finding out about these things on facebook!" the congratulatory comments continued. I finally logged back into my own account and posted a comment underneath that said, "Hahaha! Happy April Fool's Everyone!" or something along those lines.
Then came the guilt. Friends posted that I had 'gotten them' and I was feeling guilty for deceiving them. But I just wasn't ready to make an announcement yet since I was only like 5 weeks pregnant. I finally went to the doctor a few weeks ago and everything looks great. But after my little April Fool's fiasco, I was a little more embarrassed to announce to facebook our happy news. But here it is. Mother's Day seemed like the perfect day to tell everyone that I AM going to be a mom again. Although unexpected, we had been thinking we had room for one more in our home. After Nate was born, I felt like my body had done it's job and bringing 5 kids into the world was putting it through enough. We talked about possibly adopting. I have a friend who is going through the foster to adoption process. She currently has a foster baby. When she told me the long procedure it took for them to get to that point, I wondered how I could possibly ever go through it. In fact, deep down, I knew I wouldn't. I felt like it was just going to be the five kids and I was okay with that.
When I found out I had another little peanut growing inside me, I had to reconcile myself that my body was going to have to do this one more time. But I am excited that we are going to get our 6th baby after all, even though it turns out I am going to do it myself. I have realized that even though I felt like I was too weak to ever go through it again, I actually feel pretty good right now. I think Heavenly Father wants us to have this baby and he is going to help me make it happen. I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy so I can start picking out names. So despite being a surprise, it's a good surprise and we are grateful. And I am sorry to everyone for my April Fool's "prank" gone awry. :)
Jane 23
5 months ago
1 comment:
Ha, I was one of the many that totally believed you on April Fools day. I felt like I shmuck when I found I'd been taken, now I know the joke was on the non-believers. Ha-ha! Well congratulations for real this time.
Post a Comment