Sunday, May 20, 2012

*The Manti Temple


     We were planning to leave for our Colorado trip on July 18.  With Grandpa's health deteriorating quickly, we decided to leave as soon as possible after Haylee's last day of soccer camp, Friday, July 15.  We were hoping to make it in one day, but because of soccer camp we ended up getting a bit of a late start and ended up stopping for the night.  We started out again the next day and soon we reached the I-70.  We started talking about how we never had stopped to visit the Manti Temple because it was about 45 minutes to an hour off the beaten path.  Being pretty early in the day and only having about 3 to 4 more hours to travel, we decided that this was the trip we were going to stop in Manti.  Grandma and Grandpa Hardy were married in the Manti Temple and it seemed especially sweet to stop by their temple knowing very well that this was most likely going to be our last visit with Grandpa in this life.
     The Manti Temple was absolutely beautiful!  I had been there before my mission to see the Manti Pageant but that was a very long time ago.  I couldn't resist taking many pictures of the beautiful temple and my beautiful kids with such pretty scenery.  So....I have lots of pictures! :)





 Couldn't decide which was better...



Natalee Marie Hardy



Haylee Breann Hardy


Nathan William Hardy

Mackenzie Rae Hardy


Kelsey Rose Hardy-this was the best I could get from her!


1 comment:

karen said...

Beautiful pictures Lisa, Andrew Jackson Moffitt and his wife are buried in the Manti cemetery right below the Temple.