Kelsey told me in the car this morning that when Nate sees her he always says, "Hola Gar-gee." She thinks that he is trying to call her Diego because when he says "Go Diego Go!" to her it sounds like he's saying "Gar-gee-gar!" She informed me that she does not like it that he calls her Gargee and when is he going to start calling her Kelsey? I told her that when he gets bigger and can talk better he will call her Kelsey. I was surprised that she thinks he calls her Gargee. I think it sounds more like Karshey. :)
And speaking of Nate and spanish, he has actually learned quite a bit from watching Diego and Dora. Both he and Kelsey have. Kelsey tends to use it more regularly but Nate has started to say "sube" everytime he climbs up something. 'Sube' means 'go up' or 'climb.' They also learned the word 'corre' (run) from an episode yesterday. So last night they were running around outside yelling, "corre!" Kelsey likes to tell me that she speaks english and spanish. She will start talking in gibberish as if she's speaking spanish and I should know what she's saying because I speak spanish. I have to tell her that those aren't spanish words so she should just tell me in english. She just says, "Oh. Okay." And then tells me what she wants. Silly girl!
Jane 23
5 months ago
1 comment:
Ha, that's funny. Jimmie and Annabelle have picked up quite a bit of Spanish from Dora too!
Post a Comment