Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Recital/Millionaire Club

     Natalee and Haylee both recently had great accomplishments!
     Haylee had her very first guitar recital on May 19, 2012.  I'm not sure who was more excited, me or her. :)  She chose to play the song, "America the Beautiful."  Not only that, she chose to sing along with it.  If she didn't want to sing, her guitar teacher could have played the melody while she strummed the chords.  But she has such a pretty voice so I'm glad she decided to be brave and sing at her recital.  She was pretty nervous and just a little bit quiet, but she did such a great job.  Before the recital, we got instructions about not taking flash photography during the performances.  My camera was busy video taping her performance anyway.  But when we watched the video I had taken, we saw a flash which led me to believe that her performance was so wonderful, some non-related person took a picture of her. :)  She says it was probably a friend since we did know lots of people in the audience who were also participating in the recital.  But nobody has come up to me to show me the great picture they took of her.  I wish that videos could go into blog books, but unfortunately they cannot.  Here are some great pictures of her though!




     Another perk of moving to Pierce School, is that Pierce does a thing called "Millionaire Club."  This is an honor for all kids who read a million words or more during the year.  Natalee reached that goal just in time!  She was so excited because the Millionaires get to take a limo ride to a restaurant called the Tokyo House to have lunch with the principal.  She said there were so many millionaires this year that some of them are going to ride in classic cars instead since there isn't enough room in the limosine.  But she is so excited.  They leave in about half an hour from now and I've decided not to be a parent who drives over to the school to take a picture of her getting in the limo, so I don't have any pictures of her getting this honor.  But I still wanted to blog about it and tell her Congratulations!  We are so proud of you Natalee!

No comments: