Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Daren is 41!

     Poor Daren!  He actually had to work on his birthday this year, due to the school district starting school a week earlier than usual.  We will also get out a week earlier which will be nice too.  But in the meantime, it really put a cramp on Daren's birthday activities.  Also, I didn't buy Daren a birthday present because he wanted a watch, but he wanted to pick it out himself.  He hadn't yet decided on his birthday and he got his watch about a week later.  It's really nice but I wanted to explain why no pictures of present opening.
     For dinner Daren asked to have chef's salad and rolls.  And instead of cake and ice cream, just some Louisianna Yum Yum (crust, cream cheese, pudding, cool whip, etc.)  One of the kids got out the camera and took lots of pictures of everyone.  I'm not a big fan of how I look in these pictures, but since I'm usually the one behind the camera, I suppose I'll go ahead and include them.
     After dessert, the kids turned on music from "The Sound of Music," currently their favorite movie, and danced all around the room.  I love those moments when they are all doing something cute together.
     Poor Daren is going to have to work on his birthday next year too.
















1 comment:

Kate said...

Go Granny Go! I love that your grandma is dancing with with all her great-grands. She is hip!