We were so blessed when we had only been married a year, someone gave us a piano. It has been wonderful for us and I have even been teaching the two big girls piano lessons on it for the last few years. As grateful as I was for the gift piano, I was starting to long for a nicer piano. When Daren bought his motorcycle, I decided this was the perfect time to bring up my desire for a pretty piano. :)
The old piano was really getting in the way of our remodeling project a few weeks ago, so we decided to go ahead and get rid of it, finish the floors, and then get a new one. For some reason, I didn't realize how hard it would be to find a piano I would be satisfied with. Locally at least. There were a lot I saw online that were beautiful, reasonably priced, and 3 or more hours away from us. We went to a piano store in Bakersfield but came home empty-handed. (Except Haylee. She bought herself a nice guitar stand that she is thrilled with!)
Then we saw a piano on craigslist in Palmdale-only 1 1/2 hours away. It was a Kawai, which was originally the make of piano I had been wanting most. It's not shiny black like I had thought I wanted. But it is a shiny brown which I think I might even like better. It was quite an adventure bringing it home on an open trailer. I had to sit in the back and make sure it wasn't falling off for part of the drive. But it didn't budge a bit and it looks just beautiful in our house. The piano tuner is coming in a couple of days and I am REALLY excited to hear it after he gets it all perfect.
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment