Friday, May 20, 2011

Another First (Finally!)

     Nathan will be 11 months old a week from today.  So even though this is a little pathetic, you will see why I am so happy about it.  Last night, Nathan slept through the night, in his own crib!!  In case you missed that, in his own crib, all night long!!  I have been really bad about making Nate sleep in his crib because he cries a lot and he doesn't sleep for long before waking up.  That is if I can lay him down without waking him up in the first place.  But lately he's been taking some naps in the crib and actually sleeping for a couple of hours.  So when he was asleep in my arms last night, I just decided to lay him down.  And did I mention that he slept there all night!?  He didn't wake up until 6a.m. this morning.
     In case you're concerned about me getting spoiled with a good night's sleep, there's no need.  Mackenzie took care of that for me.  Mackenzie barely ever comes into our room at night, but she must have sensed the empty spot in the bed because last night was one of those rare occurrances.  It was funny because when she came in Daren said, "Mackenzie, come over to my side so you don't squish Nate."  So I said, "Nate's not in here."  Daren asked, "Where is he?"  I answered, "In the crib."  Daren just said, "Wow."
     Wow is right!  Way to go Nate!  Let's keep it up! :)

2 comments:

karen said...

Way to go Nathan!

Amy McFarlane said...

i think he's ready for that toddler bed now! mom can send up the crib! hahahaha