Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day!

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls...

 A vase of fresh cut flowers...

 A plethora of fabulous gifts...

 A poem written from the heart (Haylee's heart, to be exact)...

And surrounded by the precious ones that made me a mother in the first place.

I am sure I was the envy of every woman at church with my beautiful felt corsage and brand new matching necklace and bracelet!

     Daren made the yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Haylee made some waffles as well and the girls served me breakfast in bed.  We didn't have church until 1:00pm so I had plenty of time to enjoy the morning with them and to lazily open my presents.  Mackenzie gave me a beautiful felt corsage that she made at school.  She also made the flower pot card with a package of flower seed in it.  She made a book called "What Mommies Do Best."  Most of it was pre-written and she just filled in the blanks.  This is what it said:
Mommies can teach you how to 'read.'
Mommies can 'see.'
Mommies can 'play.'
Mommies can 'cook.'
But best of all, mommies can give you lots and lots of love!
She didn't add anything to the last line but she drew a beautiful picture of the two of us.
We've been watching 'Tangled' a lot lately so Mackenzie gave herself Rapunzel hair. :)

Haylee wrote a poem for me in school which she gave to me.  Just in case it's hard to read in the picture, I thought I would type it up as well:
Mom is nice.
Mom is fun.
Mom is helpful.
Mom is cool.
Mom's cookies smell like chocolate.
Mom's Brownies taste amazing.
Mom's voice sounds like angles.
Mom looks like beautiful flowers.
Mom's skin feels like water.
Mom's kisses make me smile.
Mom is pretty.

Haylee's poems make me smile. :)  Haylee also gave me the matching necklace and bracelet.  She made them with Grandma Bobbi while she was here visiting for Haylee's baptism.  The necklace has all my kids' names on it.  The bracelet has my name on it.  I have been hinting that I wanted some jewelry that had something about each of my kids (I was thinking like a birthstone).  Haylee came through for me!
     Daren gave me a blue tooth car speaker that I have wanted ever since I found out they exist!  After church I put it in the van and called the house phone on it just so I could try it out.  I'm taking Mackenzie and Nathan to Valencia again tomorrow for their follow up appointments so I'm sure I'll get some great use out of it.  The funny thing is that I saw it in his car after Haylee's soccer game because we switched cars.  I could see that he was hesitant to switch but didn't know why until I found the bag.  I didn't say a thing about it and even put a piece of paper on top of it in hopes that he would assume he got lucky and I didn't notice it.  But he asked the kids if I had seen it and they fessed up!  Oh well.  It was still a great surprise, just a couple days early.
     For my mom, Daren's mom, and my grandmas, we got blog books.  I can finally say it!  I finished my blog book awhile ago but have failed to mention it since I was giving some away for gifts.  Now that I have one, I am even more excited to keep blogging and make one next year.
     After church, my parents and Grandma Poetschlag came over to our house and we all had dinner together.  We had Russian chicken over rice, corn on the cob, and yummy cream puffs for dessert.  It was just such a wonderful and happy day!

P.S.  I forgot to mention the primary songs in Sacrament meeting!  We sang two songs: When We're Helping We're Happy, and Mother Tell Me a Story.  The second song has a second part for the mothers to sing.  So our chorister emailed the words to the person who does the program so they could be put in the program and the moms could sing the second part to the kids.  Somehow, it didn't happen.  Sooooo, myself and my two counselors ended up doing an impromptu trio.  It was scary because we hadn't practiced at all, but I think it turned out okay.  At least nobody has had the nerve to tell us otherwise. :)
As usual, the kids did a beautiful job and sang so loudly and clearly.

3 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

Haylee does write such pretty poems and make fun jewelry! you should show her the things i used to make you when i was her age :) because you better still have it!!!!!!!

The Tomlinsons said...

You got totally spoiled! That's what you get when you have 4 daughters. That is HILARIOUS that you weren't planning on singing by yourselves in sacrament meeting!!!! I would have died or fainted or something! You guys did great, though. Happy belated Mothers Day!

karen said...

I love my blog book! and I love the present I got 2 Christmas's ago, even more now that he's here :) Your gifts are so cute too and I did notice your beautiful jewelry and corsage at church. They matched your outfit and I know you were the envy of all the other women.