Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Losing Miley

     If you don't remember the adorable bunny Mackenzie got right before her surgery, you can read about it here.      Sadly, little Miley died this evening.  She was only 10 weeks old.  Daren suddenly noticed at about 5:00 p.m. that she wasn't doing well at all.  She seemed a little iffy to me the last couple of days but I didn't think much of it because it's been pretty cold.  Poor Mackenzie is so sad.  I am grateful to Miley for the happiness she brought Mackenzie before and after her surgery.  I haven't blogged about it yet but Mackenzie had a really hard time recovering from her surgery and it was very hard to force her to drink any fluids afterwards because she complained that it hurt her throat.  She got a pretty high fever too.  I know that having her little bunny to care for gave her some joy and helped her feel better when she was feeling so bad.  She did such a good job taking care of Miley.  She always checked her food and water, gave her lots of attention, and even cleaned out her cage.  I am sad to see Mackenzie broken-hearted at the loss of her bunny.  But I'm not sorry that we got Miley in the first place.  She brought lots of joy to a very sick little girl and let us see the nurturing, mothering side of Mackenzie.

2 comments:

karen said...

I'm so sorry for Mackenzie. It's so hard to see the kids hurting.

The Tomlinsons said...

Oh no! That is so hard on a little girl!