We first met Miley after we took Nate and Mackenzie to the ENT in Valencia for their first appointment. We stopped by Odyssey Ranch in Lancaster and asked if we could look at the bunnies they were going to be selling soon. She was so adorable but she was only 7 weeks old and bunnies can't legally be sold until they are 8 weeks old. They said she would be ready the next Monday. I loved how she had the 'mascara eyes' but I just couldn't bring myself to drive to Lancaster to buy a bunny. Especially since we had to go there 3 days later for more appointments for the kids. (We were thrilled to find out that the ENT we were seeing has a Lancaster office that he works at once a week.)
Well, I didn't really think she'd still be there by Thursday since she was such a good price and such a cute bunny. The appointments went well. Nate's was a pre-surgery appointment because he was already scheduled for tubes the next week. We decided Mackenzie needed tubes as well and so I asked if we could do them the same time. They said sure but needed to schedule it before I could pre-register them at the surgery center. The surgery center wasn't answering their phone so we killed time at Target while we waited. Finally we were able to go pre-register. It was getting late but we decided to just try and see if the bunny was still there.
When we walked up to the bunnies, I saw all the bunnies that had been there a week and a half earlier. I saw the owner and I said, "You still have her!" He shook his head and said someone had just bought all the bunnies five minutes earlier. They were using them for a petting zoo. I was so sad! If I had missed them by a couple of days, I wouldn't have felt so bad. But five minutes! Mackenzie had her head down and was starting to cry. I was telling the guy how sorry I was that we didn't make it but we had to wait until the surgery was scheduled to pre-register. Really I was babbling on about stuff that didn't matter. There was nothing he could do. Suddenly one of the people who bought the bunnies (they were still there looking at other animals) said that she could take one. Mackenzie's face came right up and she started to wipe the tears away from her eyes. The Odyssey Ranch owner put that little white bunny in a box so fast and I quickly paid him. We thanked them and we were on our way! Now you can see why Mackenzie feels like it was a little miracle for her to get Miley.
3 comments:
that is so cute! she must've been so happy!
Cute bunny! Daren's animal love is rubbing off on you! That is pretty amazing how it all came about:)
I'm so happy for Mackenzie! I know she loves Miley.
Post a Comment