Sunday, May 15, 2011

Snow Day Part 2

     Since the kids didn't have to go to school because of the snow, Daren took them up to the mountains to go sledding.  As much as I love to get freezing cold and wet at the same time, I decided to stay home with Nathan and Kelsey.  (Kelsey wasn't as happy to stay with me as Nathan was!)
     Daren took a couple of pictures of the kids but I have no idea where they are at the moment.  But I did find a beautiful picture that Haylee drew about the sledding trip.

Snowy Moutian

     Apparently, Haylee didn't have the best time on the sledding trip.  She told me that she kept crashing into a bush every time she went down and she could never keep the sled from crashing.  At first, the picture looks so lovely, of all of them standing at the top of the hill.  Daren, Natalee, Haylee, and Mackenzie.  Then you zoom in and see that Haylee is saying, "I hate sledding."  Then you follow the trail from 'Top of the hill Haylee' to 'Crashed in the snow Haylee' and you see her sled in the bush and the words 'Splat me.'  I found it very amusing.  And I really love Haylee's art.

P.S.  I also really get a kick out of Daren's one giant leg and one skinny leg.

Pictures from the sledding trip:




1 comment:

karen said...

Haylee is a fun artist!